Patrick Albina is the Founder & Director of Quintessential Consulting Pty Ltd. Since launching Quintessential in 2013, Patrick has helped his clients to enhance and grow their human capital, supporting individuals, teams and organisations across Australia and South-East Asia through the delivery of Executive Coaching, Management Consulting & Corporate Education.
Today’s workplace is becoming increasingly complex with managers struggling to keep up with twenty-four hour communications, work-life integration, fast-moving technology, multiple stakeholders as well as ambiguous lines of accountability. To make sense of the rapidly changing work environment companies are turning to experts like Patrick Albina. Backed up by more than 25 years of experience, Patrick enables his clients to unlock their potential through a mindset shift, making it possible to operate effectively in the grey space of decision-making.
Patrick specialises in the fields of Systems Thinking and Complexity. He blends his technical expertise with cutting edge leadership and management frameworks to deliver solutions for those looking to be ahead of the game. He has a background as an accomplished Project Manager, Capability Development Strategist, Aerospace Engineer and Officer in the Royal Australian Air Force. He is a member of the QUT Graduate School of Business coaching panel, a sessional academic, a member of the Engineers Australia College of Leadership & Management and a Fellow at the Australian Institute of Management (FAIM).
Patrick’s clients have come from the Defence, Aerospace, Aviation, Resources, Utilities, Telecommunications, Transport, Sports & Recreation, Health, Education and Innovation sectors. He has worked throughout Europe, the USA and South Africa with some of the word’s leading Defence Industry organisations, including Airbus Group, Boeing Defence Australia, the Capability Acquisition & Sustainment Group (CASG), and the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF).
My areas of expertise include:
- Individual coaching
- Executive team and leadership group development
- Cognitive fitness, health & wellness
- Team coaching & facilitation
- Building high performing teams
- Capability development and maturity assessments for innovation and change
- Team and project culture assessment & growth
- Complex project management
- Project troubleshooting & diagnosis
- Systemic risk analysis
- Change management
LEARNING & KNOWLEDGE
- Design, development and delivery of learning programs
- Knowledge capture and management
- Building communities of practice
Patrick is accredited in the TMS, HBDI and TLC suite of profiling instruments, and is a certified coach by the Neuroleadership Group. Patrick has an active NV1 Defence security clearance.
Executive Masters of Business - Complex Project Management & Leadership
Masters of Research (Aerospace)
Bachelor of Engineering (Aeronautical)
Graduate Diploma in Test & Evaluation
Think differently | Achieve better results | Rethink
eFIRE - energy | Frame | Inquire | Reflect | Experiment & Execute
I utilise the eFIRE coaching framework, a non-linear model for shaping coaching conversations, processes and programs.
There are many coaching models/frameworks. eFIRE incorporates recent thinking about leadership in complex organisational contexts.
The eFIRE model (Abbott, 2016) is a simple, but not simplistic, framework
to help Leaders and Executive Coaches have conversations and series of conversations that get beneath the surface of issues to ignite powerful change processes. Embedded in the model is the assumption that organisational life is not predictable and leadership requires agility and exibility in order to be effective. eFIRE draws on multiple coaching, change and leadership models, and is consistent with Richard Boyatzis’ (200*) Intentional Change Theory.
Characteristics of eFIRE - a conversational framework:
- A fractal model – i.e. individual sessions and phases will re ect the patterns and characteristics of the overall coaching or mentoring program.
- Designed to support coaching by Leaders and to encourage engagement beyond the routine of day-to-day management and task-achievement.
- Follows principles from complexity theory and complexity leadership.
- It exhibits and draws on the metaphor of complex adaptive systems.
- Incorporates how to coach and mentor in the ‘adaptive space’ to achieve bureaucratic ef ciency while at the same time generating change for growth.
- A non-linear process – parties involved will move back and forth through the phases as new events and learning emerge.
- Energy sits in the centre of the model – coming from values and relationships.
At twelveweek, we work to bring you the most competitive pricing. Coach pricing depends on a number of factors.
This includes duration of assignment, number of people to be coached, pre and post work needed and the impact to be created. Please call us or email us to share your requirements.
We are happy to talk and design the right coaching intervention for your organization.